The Wall Of Peace
February 28, 2016 by almostakiss
Today it was 64 degrees. 4 days ago, it was snowing! A week ago yesterday, it was 60 degrees and I should’ve taken advantage of the incredible weather. That’s unheard of for February in the Midwest. I didn’t get outside once. I should feel bad about it but I don’t. I feel so good about why I didn’t get outside that I have to share it. We finally took down our one big picture that hung over the couch in the LR and completely redid the wall. For some reason, I never remember to take “before” pictures.
We got out most of our religious wall art that we’ve been collecting (er, hoarding) for the past 3 years. All were estate sale finds. We measured the space and chose what we thought would look best up there. I’ve been wanting to do this for over a year!! It’s not something I can do by myself but every time I’ve mentioned it to hubby, he would just groan. This time he was receptive and it went great. It took us less than 2 1/2 hours for the whole thing and it gave us a bunch of ideas for the other walls. Now I am SO HAPPY. I love looking at it and it gives me a feeling of joy and peace. I call it The Wall Of Peace.
I have some more finishing touches to put on it but couldn’t wait to share it. Now I want to do some major dusting and clear away an area to put up my religious statues. I can only imagine how happy I’ll be when that happens. I’ll be as giddy as a kid at an amusement park. 🙂
I’ve got a “stairway to heaven” on the way up from the main floor to the upstairs where the bedrooms are. I’ve also got another decorated stairway to the basement with religious art. Things are slowly taking shape. When I say slowly, it’s baby steps. It always seems to be worth the wait. 🙂 I hope if there’s something you’ve wanted to do for ages, you’ll finally take the plunge and start. We can all use a little more peace in our lives.
- Spent 2 1/2 hrs. tonight at the AT&T store in Niles, IL. Finally got rid of our landline. Also… instagram.com/p/BTSxzWjgVEl/ 2 days ago
- Lunch was Turkey Salad with red onion, celery, apple & a delicious curry dressing. 😍 I didn't… instagram.com/p/BTPUY5-g81x/ 3 days ago
- I made this Peanut Butter & Choc. Chip #cheesecake like a month ago & never posted it. ❤ It's… instagram.com/p/BTFTso1ghiL/ 1 week ago
- In the pergola, on top of the deer skull (from the deer we "found" in Tunica), a bird has made a… instagram.com/p/BTFScfTAxX-/ 1 week ago
- Miss Ivy Marula smelling the air. 💨Swipe left ⬅️ to see her turn her head. 😊 #basenji #brindle… instagram.com/p/BTFPGU7AIHm/ 1 week ago
Search my blog